The variety of Mexican cuisine
Here are some typical Mexican dishes I created based on our experiences. (Note, Mexican markets provide numerous types of dried chilies and moles. If you can’t find these in your area, chili powder and paprika make an adequate substitute)
- Download royalty free images of Mexican food
|Pollo con cuatro pimientas (4 pepper chicken)
1. Dredge chicken in flour, then heat olive oil in a large sauce pan or
2. Remove chicken, then in same pan sauté red pepper and garlic for 10’.
3. Return chicken to the pan, mix. Place the sliced onions on top of the
4. Remove from heat, mix onions into chicken.
Mexican Winter Chicken
Saute the chicken pieces in 2 T olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the peppers
At end mix in 1/4 cup of water with 3 T flour.
Pollo con Pina – Chicken with Pineapple
1. Brown the chicken pieces in a skillet 5-10 min. (optionally, remove
2. Add zucchini, wine, chilies and oregano. Lower heat to simmer for 30′.
3. Add pineapple and simmer another 20′ or until chicken is done.
- Famous Landmarks in Mexico City – Zocalo Despite its reputation as huge smoggy sprawl, Mexico City is well worth a visit of several days – exploring some of best museums in world, outdoor markets, great walking, easy access to outskirts by metro.
- Images of Mexico’s famous landmark – Xochimilco Escape the big city crush and confusion by spending a day drifting the canals of Xochimilco and viewing the art of Diego Rivera.
- Famous Landmarks in Mexico In Mexico City, alone, you’ll find numerous landmarks Chapultepec Castle and
Park is famous from the US – Mexican War of 1846 and now hosts many museums, including the excellent Anthropology museum
More recipes & cooking