Not many of us have a standalone enclosed clay oven nearby, so some thought is needed to produce an Americanized
version of the Indian classic tandoori chicken
- Download royalty free images of Tandoori chicken
Start with 6-8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup yogurt
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 t – cayenne
- 1 t – cumin
- 1 t – turmeric
- 1 T- paprika
- 3 cloves – garlic, minced
- 1 inch -ginger root, minced
- 1/2 cup – parsley, minced
- 4 T- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
1. Combine marinade ingredients and mix in a blender or food mill or food processor.
2. Remove the marinade to large bowl, fold in the yogurt, then add to chicken pieces. Marinate for 1-2 hours
3. Place a double sheet of aluminum foil on the grill so chicken is not exposed to flames.
4. BBQ or grill for 45-60’ or until done (preferably in a covered BBQ), turning every 15 minutes, and basting with extra marinade. If using an oven – place chicken in oven proof pan, bake at 400 for 10′, then reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for 45′ or until chicken is done.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and lime wedges. Serves 3-6, depending on number of courses – eg, 6 in an Indian dinner with many courses; 3 with a simple side dish and salad
More recipes & Food images