A Tasty & Easy Chicken Recipe
flavors to produce an Eastern Mediterranean dish.
Meat from 6 chicken thighs, sliced in thin strips
1 T of flour
3 T of olive oil
¼ cup pine nuts
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 T fresh rosemary, chopped fine
3-4 cloves garlic, minced fine
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
½ cup white wine
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
½ cup crumbled feta
1. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Dredge chicken in flour. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan or skillet. Sauté chicken for 5’ on each side, letting it brown.
2. Remove chicken, to a small bowl. In same pan sauté the pine nuts, minced garlic and sliced mushrooms for 5’, stirring. Add wine to deglaze – scrape any brown bits from the pan. Add rosemary & tomatoes, mix, and reduce heat to simmer
3. Return chicken to the skillet, mix. Place the sliced onions over the chicken mixture. Cover and simmer for 30’.
4. Remove from heat, mix onions into chicken. Add feta, mix and serve with rice or pasta and a steamed vegetable.
1. Use chicken breast, reduce cooking time
2. Substitute blue cheese or parmesan for feta
3. Substitute yogurt for the cheese
4. Use thin strips of lamb shoulder instead of chicken